What is CEREC® Primescan Digital Scanner?
The CEREC® Primescan digital scanner is an advanced dental technology that revolutionizes the way dental professionals capture precise digital impressions of patients' teeth and gums. By utilizing state-of-the-art optical scanning, the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner eliminates the need for messy traditional dental impressions, making the dental experience more comfortable and efficient.
This cutting-edge digital scanner employs high-resolution imaging to create detailed 3D models of the patient's oral cavity. With its exceptional accuracy and speed, the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner provides dentists with a comprehensive view of the patient's dental anatomy, enabling them to diagnose and plan treatments with utmost precision.
Why would CEREC® Primescan Digital Scanner be needed?
The CEREC® Primescan digital scanner is an invaluable tool for both dental professionals and patients. It offers numerous advantages over traditional impression techniques, making it an essential component of modern dentistry. Here are some reasons why the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner may be needed:
- Enhanced Patient Comfort: Say goodbye to the discomfort associated with traditional dental impressions. The CEREC® Primescan digital scanner eliminates the need for messy impression materials, reducing gag reflexes and minimizing overall patient discomfort.
- Accurate Digital Impressions: The high-resolution scanning technology of the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner captures highly accurate digital impressions, ensuring precise dental restorations and prosthetics that fit seamlessly within the patient's mouth.
- Efficient Workflow: By eliminating the time-consuming process of creating physical impressions, the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner streamlines the dental workflow. This allows for faster turnaround times, enabling patients to receive their restorations and prosthetics in a single visit.
- Improved Treatment Planning: The detailed 3D models generated by the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner enable dentists to visualize and plan treatments more effectively. It facilitates better communication between the dentist and the patient, leading to improved treatment outcomes.
Who would be a candidate for CEREC® Primescan Digital Scanner?
The CEREC® Primescan digital scanner can benefit a wide range of patients, from those requiring basic dental restorations to individuals seeking comprehensive smile makeovers. Candidates for the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner include:
- Patients in Need of Dental Restorations: Whether it's a dental crown, inlay, onlay, or veneer, the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner can efficiently capture accurate digital impressions for precise and durable restorations. Individuals with Missing Teeth: Patients requiring dental implants or bridges can benefit from the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner's ability to capture detailed d
- igital impressions, facilitating the creation of custom-made prosthetics that blend seamlessly with the remaining teeth.
- Those Seeking Orthodontic Treatments: The CEREC® Primescan digital scanner aids in orthodontic treatment planning by providing dentists with comprehensive digital models of the patient's teeth and bite. This assists in the design and fabrication of custom orthodontic appliances, such as clear aligners.
- Individuals Considering Smile Makeovers: For patients seeking a complete smile transformation, the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner plays a crucial role in designing and fabricating custom cosmetic restorations like porcelain veneers or dental crowns. It ensures optimal aesthetics and functional harmony.
What happens during the CEREC® Primescan Digital Scanner procedure?
The CEREC® Primescan digital scanner procedure is a comfortable and efficient process that eliminates the need for traditional dental impressions. Here's an overview of what typically occurs during the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner procedure:
- Preparation: Before the scanning process begins, the dental professional will ensure the patient's mouth is clean and dry. Any necessary protective barriers may be placed on the surrounding tissues to maintain a clear field of view.
- Optical Scanning: The dental professional will use the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner's handheld wand to capture detailed digital impressions of the patient's teeth and oral structures. The wand emits a harmless laser light that scans the mouth, collecting precise 3D data.
- Real-time Imaging: As the scanning progresses, the digital impressions appear in real time on a chairside computer screen. The dental professional can assess the images for accuracy and make any necessary adjustments or additional scans.
- Treatment Planning: Once the digital impressions are complete, the dental professional will utilize specialized CAD/CAM software to analyze the data, design dental restorations, or plan orthodontic treatments. This stage involves meticulous customization to ensure optimal fit and aesthetics.
- Restoration Fabrication: Using the digital design created in the previous step, the CEREC® system can fabricate restorations, such as dental crowns or veneers, directly in the dental office. This eliminates the need for temporary restorations and additional appointments.
The CEREC® Primescan digital scanner procedure offers a convenient and efficient experience for patients, enabling them to achieve precise dental restorations and prosthetics in a single visit.
By incorporating advanced technology, superior accuracy, and improved patient comfort, the CEREC® Primescan digital scanner represents a remarkable advancement in modern dentistry. Its ability to provide detailed digital impressions contributes to enhanced treatment planning and exceptional dental outcomes. Experience the benefits of this cutting-edge technology by scheduling a consultation with our skilled dental professionals today!
If you'd like to learn more about CEREC® Primescan Digital Scanner, call our office today to speak with one of our trained staff members.